For more information on the courier bags, mailing envelopes and mail order bags that we stock or can manufacture for you, please see our mail order bags section.
We were established in 1961 by Mr Geoffrey Davies who purchased a bag making machine advertised in the local paper and sold door to door. As sales grew, Geoffrey Davies teamed up with college friend Brian Turner who became in charge of production and the business moved firstly to a lock-up garage and then on to larger factory premises in Alperton, West London.
After some consolidation, we now have a new management team headed by Jon Lomax and are looking to continue Polybags' development and success. Business is expanding again. Improvements are being made and after taking on the business of Chapel Polythene in 2005 we are now very tight for space and have committed to extending into next door at the end of this year.
We also produce a variety of other products including:
- Plain polythene bags
- Polythene is a cost competitive and versatile plastic and has less effect on the environment. Polybags offer plain polythene bags in various sizes and shapes available in LDPE and HPDE materials polybags are one of the most successful types of packaging. These are also called plastic bags or storage bags. Small bags, large bags you can even get special promotional polythene bags that can be printed with your own design or logo.
- Grip seal and slider grip bags
- Grip seal and slider grip bags have a slider profile that enables you to slide open and shut the bag. Ideal where you want to secure contents and avoid leakage or contamination, no need of bag-sealer, staples or tape. Slider grip bags are perfect for document storage. Easy to open and close again and again...and again. A large part of our business always have pallet loads in stock awaiting your order. Also called self seal, grippa or grip-lock bags.
- Presentation bags and retail bags
- A range of crystal clear presentation and retail bags manufactured from high clarity polypropylene film these are the best choices for product presentation. Presentation and Retail bags offer better moisture protection and are clearer and stronger preserving the product freshness when used for a food service application. Clear wrapping film is ideal to wrap flowers and presents, shiny clear wrapping film made from polypropylene that protects and also enhances your gift product.
- Stocked carrier bags
- A variety of clear and colored stocked carriers to suit your specific product be it CD's, books or paintings. These are standard carrier bags for everyday use such as clothing and lightweight general shopping. Economic vest style carriers that will do the job. The vest style carrier is the traditional high density crinkly carrier used in groceries, available in clear, white, blue and candy stripe colours.
- Bubble film and bubble bags
- Bubble film and bubble bags have proved to be one of the most versatile packaging materials of recent years. Being soft and flexible and yet displaying incredible tear resistance, bubble film has earned itself a place in almost every packaging environment. Polybags.co.uk offers a full line of bubble bags and bubble wrap. Whether you need a reclosable bubble bag, a bubble bag with a lip and tape for easy closing, or bubble wrap to protect your shipments you will find it there. Bubble bags provide soft cushioning for tough protection against shock, vibration and water damage.
- Waste bags and sacks
- Plastic waste bags and sacks are used for articles not connected with food. They are made from LDPE and HDPE material. Available in various sizes waste bags and sacks are made with flexible material used for lining litter or waste containers or bins. This serves to keep the container sanitary by avoiding container contact with the rubbish. Made from recycled film but very strong, Polybags bin liners fit most types of bin and are ideal for household, office, garden or building rubbish. For specialist types of waste we also stock sacks with specific printed warnings plus a new biodegradable range.
- Environmental bags
- Billions of plastic bags are choking our planet. All of these "free" bags ultimately cost both consumers and the environment plenty so now Polybags manufactures and stocks a wide range of eco-friendly green packaging products to suit your needs and help towards a better environment. A range of eco-friendly bin liners and refuse sacks ideal for landfill disposal to minimise environmental impact when buried or put in prolonged contact with soil.
- Garment bags and pallet covers
- Polybags is now a leading UK manufacturer of Dry Cleaning Garment covers and Laundry Bags as well as a major stockist of wide sheeting and shrinkable pallet covers for outside and in-transit protection. These are large plastic bags for covering pallets during shipment. Use it to cover pallets that you will store inside or outside, protecting from the weather, dust, paint, water, snow, and other common uses. Pallet Covers can also be used as liners for bins. Garment bags are made with hanger holes and sloped shoulders and come on a roll for easy dispensing. Polybags can also put a custom print or logo on these bags. Dry cleaning bags are perfect for protecting everything in a common wardrobe and keeping them wrinkle free!
- Polythene tubing and sheeting
- Tubing and sheeting are an excellent packaging alternative when packaging multiple items sharing a common width or diameter but varying lengths. Poly sheeting can be used to wrap around products and secure with tape or banding or some other method. Tubes and Plastic Sheets also provide a more effective packaging solution for protection against rust and corrosion for both ferrous, non-ferrous metal and also multi metal surfaces, spares, parts assemblies and finished goods. Ideal for securing irregular shaped loads. A quick, quiet and clear way of wrapping, stabilising and securing palletised goods. Protects from dust and weather when in storage, and retains it's tension whilst in transit.
- Mailing and courier bags
- Designed for postal or courier transport, mailing bags are light, waterproof and have an integral adhesive strip. Courier bags are made with a 3 layer co-extruded polythene mix to ensure maximum tear resistance. Usually they are white on the outside layer and light grey on the inside layer giving them an opaque appearance, however any coloured polyethylene can be used. Polybags stocked ranges cover economy and 'Tuff' mailers, mailorder and courier bags, tamper proof, bubble and even high impact metallic advertising mailers. Mailing bags come in a wide variety of styles, shapes and sizes and can be made from a wide variety of materials that include paper, plastic, vinyl and canvas, as well as others. They are designed to meet the many different types of products that need mailed. Mailing bags have many functions that also go above and beyond just mailing your package.
- Specialist bags
- Film Front Bags, also known as clear faced bags or window bags used by bakers to artists. Film front bags have a clear polypropylene front and a white kraft paper back so that the contents are protected but clearly seen. High Density Food Bags, Vacuum Pouch Bags, Net Bags, Poly Gloves, Polymax bags - NEW, Tenax sleeving and Special waste sacks
- Transit packing
- A selection of associated packaging products such as stretchwrap(for economically wrapping round boxes, pallets and items to keep them secure), tape, boxes, pallet covers and document enclosed envelopes for transit packing.
- Bag ties and sealers
- Paper and plastic bag ties and clips, adhesive disks and hooks used as a closure to secure the content or highlight your bags plus manual heat sealers to seal your product in tubing or make your own small batch bags, to close or seal your bags or make your exact sized bag.